FAQs About Telemedicine
- Telemedicine provides real time care to patients using digital information and communication technologies. It is a two-way communication between a patient and a provider using audio and visual equipment, usually on a computer or smartphone.
- Appointments can occur virtually online with video conferencing and can be delivered by phone.
- Patients can be in any location during their virtual visit, as long as there is access to the internet.
We use Video Conferencing through a site called Doxy.me and we use telephone appointments.
FAQs About Doxy.me
- You don’t need to download anything or sign up for an account. Use the Google Chrome browser on PC or Android, or Safari on Mac or iOS. Go to your provider’s URL to check in.
- The URL for your provider’s virtual waiting room will be emailed to you.
- The site is secure and complies with all HIPAA regulations.
- Your provider’s medical assistant will call you before your appointment to let you know how to proceed.
FAQs About Telephone Appointments
- Your provider’s medical assistant will call you very close to your appointment time to start the phone appointment.