Billing and Insurance
We are committed to providing you with comprehensive orthopedic care and we want to make sure you are aware of our billing practices, including the insurances we accept and the insurance authorizations processes.
Cash will not be accepted at all Puget Sound Orthopaedics locations starting October 1st, 2020.
- Co-pays and other balances can be paid by card. We accept Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express.
- Co-payments are due at the time of service.
- Patients are responsible for the charges associated with care even when insurance benefits are in place.
We encourage you to contact the PSO billing department directly with any questions at 253.582.7257, option 8.
ONLINE BILL PAY
Online bill pay is currently unavailable. It is being updated on the Proliance Surgeons website and will be completed by Fall 2020.
- The bill pay portal is on Proliance Surgeons website, whom we are affiliated with.
- For security purposes, we are not able to take payments over the phone.
- You will need your account number located on your statement to process the payment.
- Make separate payment transactions for Puget Sound Orthopaedics and for Lakewood Surgery Center. Each facility statement has a different account number and multiple account numbers cannot be paid on the same transaction.
The below lists are a helpful guide. A full list of our current contracts with insurance companies and government payers can be found here.
We contract with the following major insurance companies:
- First Choice
- NPN insurance products
- Premera (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Regence (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- United Healthcare
- United Military (Tricare)
- WA State Labor and Industries
- WA State Workers Compensation
We do not contract with the following insurance companies:
- Humana commercial products
- First Health Network
- Kaiser Core HMO
- United Health Care Blind and Disabled
- US Family Health Plan
NOTE: Clinics referring patients with any insurance that we are not contracted with must begin the insurance authorization process directly from the clinic.
Special Testing Authorizations
Special testing includes MRI, bone scan, doppler studies, joint and spine injections, CT/CAT scans, DEXA scans, ultrasound, and EMG. Insurance processing times vary depending on your insurance. If you have not been contacted within the estimated time frame, then contact your scheduler. Review our Special Testing Notification for more information.
We will obtain the surgery authorization for you from your insurance, whether you are having surgery at our outpatient facility, Lakewood Surgery Center, or at the hospital. Insurance processing times vary depending on your insurance. Review our Surgery Scheduling Checklist for more information.
LAKEWOOD SURGERY CENTER BILLING
You may receive separate statements for your surgery from:
- Lakewood Surgery Center
- Proliance Surgeons Inc.
- Puget Sound Orthopaedics
- Pacific Medical
- Lab and/or pathology