Preparing for Surgery
Thank you for choosing Puget Sound Surgery Center for your upcoming surgical procedure. We take pride in providing the highest quality care in a safe environment. You will always be treated with compassion and concern for your well-being. Below is information to help you in preparing for surgery.
Use the Patient Education Guide to familiarize yourself with the process of preparing for surgery. The guide provides information on how to prepare for your surgery, what to expect on the day of surgery and how to plan for your care after surgery. You will also find helpful telephone numbers and directions to our surgery center.
Read through the guide carefully and if you have any questions, we encourage you to contact us directly at 253.584.5252.
Our office will contact you regarding questions about your medical history and medication that you are currently taking. You will need to fill out a secure, online preregistration form through Phreesia with this information. Your Phreesia link will be delivered to you via email or text message 5 days and 3 days before the date of your appointment or procedure.
Below are a few tips for preparing for surgery:
- Arrange for transportation to and from the surgery center.
- Arrange for a caregiver for at least 24 hours after surgery.
- Make sure to follow all pre-surgical instructions.
- Stop taking medications according to the times that your doctor specified.
- You will receive a phone call after 1 pm the day before your scheduled surgery with your check-in time.
Lakewood Surgery Center is now called Puget Sound Surgery Center.